Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pizza for Dinner

If you know anything at all about me then you know I am not a big pizza fan. At. All. I'll eat it, of course, but I would never, ever go out of my way for it and I would never ever be the one to suggest it. Until tonight.

It's been a looooong day. I had these crazy spurts of losing my mind (sorry Dakota!) which I was having trouble understanding until I realized how icky it felt to be inside my body. I've been having nerves misfiring/acting up quite a bit today and I guess even though I wasn't acutely aware of it, it was getting to me. It isn't terrible (not by any stretch - it's been much, much worse at times) but my neck and shoulders are stiff (again. Though not as bad as I know it can get.) though I will have to say the most bothersome part is the cold sensations in my upper back and down both arms. It's just too much stimulation....too much happening inside me even though it is on such a low level. Apparently, it can leave me cranky. *sigh*

Anyway, by late this afternoon I was just over the top tired. I couldn't deal with picking up one more toy, one more book, one more shoe or one more anything. The thought of dealing with dinner - well. No. Wasn't happening. The thought of driving to McDonalds felt to daunting so....I picked up the phone and ordered pizza. At least it was food that I had a reasonably good chance that the kids would eat and, best of all, it would come to me.

Let me say again - I am *not* a pizza fan. So right there, it should tell you a lot about how things are going for me tonight.

*sigh*

12 comments:

Audra said...

I feel you on those kinds of days. I am very picky about the pizza I like, but if it's from a place I like- boy will I eat! haha

Brenda said...

How can you not love pizza! :o)

I can relate with the kind of day you had. Tomorrow will be better.

Froggymama said...

You and my husband! I don't get it. He says, "it's cheese and bread, big deal." Ha. We rarely have it delivered because I end up eating the entire thing, and that's just not good for my butt. But I love it. And I'm so glad to hear other moms order in too sometimes!

Unknown said...

Allow me to introduce you to this website. http://turboeats.dtsc.net/default.aspx
For those days when it's worth it to splurge on delivery fees just to *not* leave the house!

Stacey said...

Sorry you're having a crappy day. I love pizza. But you know, you can order other food to your house like Chinese, Thai, etc. We sometimes get something called Swiss Chalet here which is a chicken place with stir-fry, perogies, salad, various chicken meals, veggie burger, etc.

Dakota said...

I'll add to this by saying that I could eat pizza every day, so you can imagine how sad I was to have missed out on this while at school. Sorry you had a bad day, and thanks for saving left-overs for me! Yum!

Dakota said...

Nikki - you rock!
We've been looking for something like this! Azteca delivered! I am one happy camper :)

Shannon said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. I'm not a big pizza fan either so I get that. :)

Jen said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I feel for ya. I get really cranky too with just the smallest discomfort or overstimulation, so I think you are such a trooper. Don't be hard on yourself. I'm guessing that your "cranky" days are most moms' "really chipper nice mom" days.

I hope bedtime was quick and easy and you are relaxing now!

Sheri said...

I'm a day late on this one ... I can "relate" to your day (thank goodness today-Wed was Chiro day ).
I am a pizza fan, but ironically, don't think about having it unless it's Sat night.

For another delivery option, if you like Chinese & some American options (see menu) ... http://www.greenteakitchen.com/frameset1.html
(delivery charges are minimal based on where you live, HIGHLY recommend the Mu Shu Chicken, but order extra wrappers/pancakes as there is A LOT of food ... all orders are oversized).

yankeegirl said...

So love the pizza man! when it's cold out and I don't want to go anywhere- he's my best friend!
Sorry you had a bad day- hope today is better :)

Monogram Queen said...

Oh gosh I LOVE pizza but Madison doesn't really like it. I hope she'll grow into it as her Daddy loves it like I do! I usually order mild wings too and she will eat those.