Friday, June 29, 2007

What Was That Sound?

Umm...I'm pretty sure it was the sound of my nose being broken. I'm not 100% sure but it sure feels like something bad happened to it.

This afternoon we were all hanging out on our bed when Kaylen decided to excitedly and with much enthusiasm crawl across me to get to Dakota. Apparently my face was in the way of her knee. I never knew a little knee could make such a huge impact. OUCH!!!

I heard the sound....kind of crunchy, and I felt the pain. It's been hours and I still have a tremendous headache and when I do dare to wriggle, touch or blow my nose it hurts more than I can say.

It's not too swollen or bruised and it looks like it is still straight without visible bumps or anything of the sort. I have seen people with broken noses and they usually look pretty bad. Luckily I don't look worse than usual but wow - does it hurt.

It might not be broken. Maybe just injured somehow. It doesn't feel so horrible that I have a need to rush off to urgent care (because for me to go sit in urgent care for hours on end I'd have to be in some seriously, earth stopping pain) so I guess I'll just go with it for now and see how it feels tomorrow. Clearly though, I won't be using any skin care products tonight as I can barely stand to touch my face. Hopefully tomorrow this will feel better and I can stop focusing on my nose and get back to life. Tomorrow is my MOMS Club scrapbook day - wish me luck! And send good thoughts that my nose is better soon.

8 comments:

Froggymama said...

oh no, nothing hurts worse! Today Froggy stood on my knee and I thought it was going to bend backwards. They must take us for a jungle-gym. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Lynilu said...

OH! OW! OW-OW-OW!!! I hope it is less sore this morning. Look at it this way ... one day you can hold this over her head when you need some leverage!!

I know ... bad joke! Sorry. Just get better!

Lynn said...

OUCH !!! If it is not crooked and your eyes aren't black and blue,I think you are OK, but man I bet that hurts. Kids are called kids cause they can't forsee where their actions will lead, but that still doesn't ease the pain. Good thoughts coming your way. Hope it feels better soon.

Audra said...

ouch! hope it starts feeling better!!!

Holly said...

Ouch!! I hope it's better already!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: No luck in the feeling better dept. Looks like I suck it up and go see a doctor tomorrow. Yuck.

Lynilu: I plan to do just that! Kelton broke my toe when he was little. Kaylen broke my nose and Dakota broke my back (in a round about way....but I like to blame her). So everyone has had their swing at me. No more broken anythings, thank you! :)

Lynn: I'm not sure it is ok. Pain is still awful and there is a bruised band across the middle. Not obvious but it's there. And it takes a lot for me to bruise. A week ago I rammed something with my leg so hard it was ridiculous No bruise for about 4 days and then it was light. It still hurts like heck but there isn't a mark there. I'm just not a big bruiser. Weird.

Audra: Thanks. Me, too.

Holly: Not yet. Hopefully soon.

Monogram Queen said...

Ooh I hope your nose is okay. I gave my Mom a blackeye when I was just an infant. Kids little bones are STRONG!

Unknown said...

YOUCH!