Friday, October 12, 2012

More Ramblings

What?  You thought I was done?  Silly you.  :) 

Guess what fun part happens when you put in a change of address at the post office?  You get to sign up for a bunch of mail order catalogs and other fun stuff.  It is a perk....well, if you are someone like me who likes to get catalogs in the mail.  :)

Today I received Pottery Barn.  So. Much. Fun.

I can't really afford to shop there but looking at everything, dreaming and scheming of how I might capture the feel of something for way less money makes me kinda happy.  Sure - I might not be able to get something like boston bedroom furniture but I can look at the way they set up a room and glean some ideas that I cam implement on my own in other ways.  I'm handy that way....making a home and all.

One of my favorite places to go, and not spend much money at all, is Big Lots.  I picked up a few knicky-knacky type things for under $30 and gave several areas a little pick me up.  Making the home I am building with Stephanie more "ours".  Always a good feeling.

I love making a house a home by adding cozy touches.  And I have to say, I think I have done, and continue to do, a really good job in the last six weeks of making this place a home.

No comments: