Friday, December 16, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday



The assignment for the week:
Something RED

This is a ceramic Santa wall hanging that my late grandmother made. As a child, I can remember it hanging in her house. My grandmother has been gone for almost two years (Jan 8th) and since she has passed, it has become even more precious to me. I love looking at it.

Something GREEN

This is a wreath that a former co-worker made for me one year. I love it!

Something that you decorate

Our fireplace mantle is one of my most favorite places in the house - especially during the Christmas season. I adore all the Santa photos and look forward to adding more as the years go by.

While I was talking photos, my 3.5 year old son was asking questions about why I was talking pictures of the things I did so I explained to him the assignment. He wanted to play, too! So, I had him pick out something red, something green and something we decorate.....here is his take on the project:

Something Red:

His Fisher Price Sleigh from his Christmas playset

Something Green:

The other side of his Fisher Price Sleigh

Something you decorate:

As he so eloquently stated: The tree, of course!

10 comments:

Renee said...

Very nice stuff! Your little guy is a cutie!!


I played!

The Q said...

How cute! I love both of your SPF's.

Laura said...

I love the mantle with the stockings up. Lovely.

I played.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Too cute and the little guy is so proud to participate!
Love the mantle!

hemlock said...

I love how your son played this. Of course the bottom of the sleigh is green. Duh!

It's neat how things from our past find ways into our present, huh?

Great SPF.

Kami said...

Dang - purty stuff!!!

Jana said...

Great pics! I played!

Charlotte in Pa said...

I'm glad you let your son play - it was fun to see his version! Great stuff... the santa pics are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how else to reach you guys - please please please let us borrow the L-word tomorrow!!! please, I'm begging you! (looking forward to seeing you!):)

Anonymous said...

(your decorations are fabulous, btw)